MediaBox HD is a third-party app for Android that brings to you a huge library of on-demand content on your mobile. This app has been my lucky discovery and it fills right in from where Terrarium TV left off. There are so many movies and shows on Media Box HD that even binge watch for hundreds of hours you will never run out of content. Plus, new content keeps getting added regularly.
In this guide, I will take you through the installation instructions of Media box HD app. This detailed guide will cover all aspects of installations. It is broken down into steps so that you can follow the process without any hassles.
What is MediaBox HD?
As I already said, MediaBox HD is an on-demand app. Meaning, it lets you play movies and TV show episodes that have already been released or aired. It does not own any content that it displays on its app interface. It is simply an aggregator that fetches the content from several sources and servers worldwide.
Mediabox HD once used to be The Movie DB. But, not it has been rebranded.
Features of MediaBox HD
Here is a quick list of the features of MediaBox HD:
- MediaBox HD has a big collection of movies and shows for hundreds of hours of viewing
- Everything you watch on this app is free. No paid subscriptions are required.
- The app also lets you download the content for offline viewing. You just need to tap the download option during playback
- It provides the healthiest, highest quality playback links scraped from active servers worldwide
- MediaBox HD is easy to install and even easier to use
How to Install MediaBox HD on Android
Since you are going to download a third-party app on your Android, you need to make a small change in the security settings. Doing so will give the permission to your Android to install any third-party app like Mediabox HD. Here is what you got to do:
- Access Settings on your Android device
- Go to Security or any other option that is related to Security
- Now locate Unknown Sources. It must have a switch next to it. Enable it
- Next, choose Yes or OK (or the option to confirm your action)
Now you are ready to install Mediabox HD app on your Android. I will now take you through the complete set of instructions to install this app. Let’s get started:
Download MediaBox HD APK
- The first thing you want to do is download the Mediabox HD APK file (on your Android) from the following link (you can use any browser you like): http://bit.ly/MBXHD201
- If you see any prompts after clicking this link, choose the options that let you continue with the download
- You can use this APK to install Media Box HD app on PC with Nox App Player
Install MediaBox HD 2.1.2 APK on Android
- When the Mediabox HD download is complete, you can pull down the notification shade from the top and tap the download notification to open the APK file and initiate the installation
- If you have cleared the notification, go to the Download folder on your Android using a file manager app and run the Mediabox APK
- Tap Install when you see the following prompt
- Wait for the installation to finish
- When the following App Installed prompt is displayed, it means Mediabox HD app has been installed. Go ahead and tap Open if you wish to run the app right now. Tap Done if you would like to open the app later
That’s it! You have successfully installed the Mediabox HD app on your Android.
MediaBox HD for iOS
There are so many on-demand apps to watch movies and shows for Android. However, when it comes to iOS, the choices are very limited. That’s because it is not easy to develop third-party apps for iOS.
Thankfully, the developers of MediaBox HD have developed a working app for iOS.
You can install MediaBox HD v1.2 iOS app and enjoy free movies and shows. The iOS version of the app has all the features as Android’s.
So, this is our guide on how to download and install Mediabox HD app on Android. I feel good that I have found apps like this ever since Terrarium TV was discontinued. MediaBox HD is its great alternative. I like this app and hope so do you. If you have any questions or suggestions, fill us in through the comments section below.